Friday, November 7, 2008

Bobcat Update

Cole, from Southwest Wildlife, came out yesterday evening and placed a humane trap, baited with a dead chicken (yuk!) in a dry wash near our home. I checked the trap before dark yesterday, and again at daybreak this morning. But, alas, somehow the wily beast has managed to elude capture!

I'm worried about him even more now. What if he can no longer walk? I spent about a half hour looking for him, but no luck. It's very windy today, I will put on a heavier coat and go back out. He would have so many great places to hide. As I walk over the rocky ground I get a new appreciation for the pain he must be suffering walking on his wound. Crushed granite is very sharp.

I have reason to believe he is still alive. As gruesome as it sounds there have been no vultures or ravens hovering. And, I'm pretty sure I would smell something. When something dies out here, I can really smell it, horrible as it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.