Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Wounded Bobcat

I want to thank everyone for their caring responses to my injured bobcat Tweet. There's a picture to the right. That rather pinkish spot toward the bottom of his hind leg is actually bone. He walks on that bone while the bottom half of his leg drags behind. It's so gruesome. He must be suffering terribly.

I finally reached a wildlife rescue, Southwest Wildlife, that will come out to capture and treat "him". (I think I've named him "Poor Baby"). I'm currently waiting for "Jerry" to come (possibly not until tomorrow) and put out a "Have-A-Heart" trap so they can catch him. I'm told if the injury is too bad, or too old, they will have to amputate his leg, in which case they will keep him at the sanctuary for the rest of his life. That will be so sad, but I can only hope it's better than a slow, painful death.

A really down note to an otherwise joyous day.

3 comments:

Please leave a comment.