Friday, September 9, 2011

Stop Forcing Taxpayers to Subsidize Outsourcing American Jobs

I’m OUTRAGED that American taxpayers are asked to pay to ship our own jobs overseas, thereby subsidizing big businesses that won’t even bring their profits from these jobs back into America. Sad to say, it reminds me of the Nazis forcing the Jews to dig their own graves before killing them. 

Congress has repeatedly refused to end these deductions. My purpose is to force President Obama and Congress to pass a bill that would eliminate any and all tax deductions given to businesses for shipping American jobs overseas. My goal is to get ONE MILLION signatures on the petition, and hopefully, to enlist Richard Trumka, President of the AFL-CIO, to support this effort and deliver the petition to President Obama himself. I'm also contacting Senator Bernie Sanders, a true champion for American workers, to see if he would be interested in sponsoring the bill in Congress.

The purpose of the petition is to address a single item that I believe will have a tremendous impact on creating jobs in America and stemming the flow of jobs going overseas.  I want a Congressional bill that has one single purpose, to eliminate the tax deduction(s) to businesses for creating jobs overseas. 

I'm hoping to enlist the help of Ed Schultz, a great supporter of the American worker and  Richard Trumka, President of the AFL-CIO, to aid me in this effort by getting the word out and building support for this movement. Both have large audiences and I believe every worker will agree with this idea.  I want to put everyone in Congress on record as to whether they support forcing taxpayers to pay for shipping their own jobs overseas, or do they stand with American workers.

What I am looking for right now is your opinion on this idea. I appreciate any and all comments. Meanwhile I will be working on the actual wording of the petition. I will update this blog and post a link to the petition as soon as I have it in place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.