Monday, February 14, 2011

Let’s Get This Progressive Party Started!

This morning (Feb. 14)  I came across an article by Johann Hari in The Nation titled “How to Build a Progressive Tea Party” http://www.thenation.com/article/158282/how-build-progressive-tea-party   I really encourage you to read the article and then join the movement! You can read all about the ideas behind the movement at the home page of the actual grassroots organization at http://www.usuncut.org/  This idea is based on what’s been happening in Great Britain. 

I’m sold!  I’ve been waiting for a movement like this for years!  Although, I really don’t like the phrase “Tea Party” being involved.  Just pure Progressive is good for me.

You can follow this group on Twitter @USUncut , and find many more like-minded individuals.  The first protest is scheduled for Saturday, February 26 at Bank of America locations around the country and in Great Britain.  This movement is just organizing in the U.S. as of today, so there are not a lot of announced sites, but I’m sure if you follow there will be more details.  Why not organize a local USUncut and start some planning?

p.s. I’m trying to convince my husband I should start USUncutAZ, but he’s vigorously opposed.  We’ll see… 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.